• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

I have a 2003 B36 with the blue upholstery.
      Time for cleaning before the upcoming sailing season, something that I have not previously done.
      I can’t locate any information regarding how the fabric should be cleaned – no tags that I could find.
      Does anyone know what the cleaning process should be? – drycleaning, cold water, warm water, type of detergent, etc. Cleaning hints from the experienced?
      Thanks

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi BobB

Just done ours – the first cover went into the washing machine on a very very very mild cycle (wool or silk, I think) and seemed to come out pretty well. However, whilst talking to Dan at ClipperMarine, I mentioned the cleaning and he said they shouldn’t be washed at all as the material shrinks. Panic! Well, we struggled the foam back into the cover (it was still damp) and then waited with breath suitably bated. It seems to have survived and is lovely and clean but I can’t recommend that you try it just in case Dan is right. We’ve done the rest with Johnson’s spray upholstery cleaner and that’s done a decent enough job, although fractionally not quite as good as the machined one. Give it a go – worth a tin, eh?

ATB

Mark (“Figaro”)

Webmaster
        Participant

I assume this is the alcantara type fabfic. I would suggest trying “1001” upholstery cleaner. inexpensive and very effective in my case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.