• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The domestic water pump in my 2001 Bav 34 works fine, but occasionally activates itself without water being drawn from the tap. When that happens the pressure bottle in the heads has emptied itself of water, and the pump struggles to fill the bottle for a good few seconds. Air is getting in or out of the system somewhere, but all the joints to the pressure bottle look sound – does anyone have any ideas? Does the pressure bottle have a limited life?

Anonymous

I’ve just had exactly the same problem on Playtime. Underneath the water pump, on the inlet side between the water tank and the pump, is a mesh filter. This appeared to be letting in air (there was a very soft but audible ‘ticking’ noise coming from it) but strangely not leaking water. I dismantled it this morning and found that one of the 4 lugs holding the 2 halves together was broken and the others were not properly tightened. After a quick clean I have reassembled it and fully tightened it and the problem appears to have been fixed (fingers crossed). If I come across a replacement (with 4 lugs intact) I will buy it to have a proper spare. I have also considered buying a spare pump. If the one fitted fails, how do you get any water out of the tanks . . . . . ?

If yours is the same problem it is easily fixed! If not, then good hunting!

Roger

Anonymous

Thanks Roger – I will try that next weekend, and hope I have the same problem!

Jonathan

Anonymous

We had the same problem with our Bav37 (2000) this year. The mesh filter just wasn’t sealing properly – we’ve now removed it and the pump has been fine. Now just get an occasional pump up of pressure – but only a second blast – so happy with that – just turn it off overnight!

Anonymous

Hi, get more or less the same problem on Storm Dragon, but being an older boat circa 1996/7 do not have a pressure bottle in the heads. but every minute or so the pressure pump runs for 1 or 2 seconds just to re pressurise the system, but funniely enough this is more pronounced during the night, and during the day when may be up to 10 minutes before the pump kicks in. have tried tightening all the jubilee clips and the connectors and cleaned the filters but has made no difference, so just turn the pump off at night and is ok until a guest gets up and wants some water either in the heads or at the galley.

Ed Holmes Storm Dragon

Anonymous

Further to my previous, the strainer more or less disintegrated yesterday in Lymington after our return from southern Brittany and the pump would not pump at all (same symptoms as an empty tank). A search of all the local chandlers didn’t find the exact item although it could be ordered (Part No. below). However, I bought a Jabsco equivalent (£7:50). It fitted easily without modifying the pipework and all is fine again.

The part number for the exact replacement (threaded both sides) is Shurflo #044267.

Roger

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.