• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Hi, new to the owners club having just purchased a 1999 Ocean 38. I plan to take her to the Med and wish to fit a holding tank. Anyone with any experience of fitting one?? 🙂

Webmaster
      Participant

I fitted a 100 litre holding tank on a shelf and against the aft bulkhead of the engine room.

Having listened to horror stories about blocked outlets I used a 38ml outlet from the bottom to a new 38mm seacock fitted vertically under the tank and starboard side of the calorifier. I have also taken an outlet (closed end) under the toilet shower divide up to deck head in shower cupboard in preparation. I have not fitted a deck fitting for pumpout since I have found only 1 facility from Spain to Turkey. I ran the diverter vavle outlet in the same divider.

You DO need a breather. My 22mm is adequate and fed over the internal molding between galley and aft cabin and down to waterline. This is a problem when draining tank and when heeled.

I now think a 50 litre tank would suffice and mounted against the engine room deckhead.

I purchased the tank and valves from Tek Tanks but there are other cheaper fuel tanks around.

Contact me for further info

Tony

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Bavaria Ocean 38’ is closed to new topics and replies.