• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Guys, it seems likely that the thermostat on the fridge in my 1997 Bavaria Holiday 35 has malfunctioned, as the fridge is permamently on, ie never cuts out whatever thethermostat is set at. Therefore can anybody advise where i could obtain a replacement thermostat.

Ed Holmes Storm Dragon

Anonymous

Ed,

Just a question, does the fridge freeze or just get cool when the pump runs constantly?

rgs
        Paul.

Anonymous

H Paul, it freezes, especially anything near the evaporator plate

Regards Ed

Anonymous

Ed,

I would tend to agree that as the fridge still freezes it is more likely to be a thermostat failing rather than a gassing issue. I am not at the boat until tomorrow evening and I can’t remember the make of compressor used on Bavaria’s.

If the fridge is by Isotherm then Marathon Leisure are the importers and have their local UK stockists listed on their website – http://www.marathonleisure.co.uk/index.html. If it is not an Isotherm then I would try Penguin Refrigeration http://www.penguinfrigo.co.uk/, who were part of Penguin Engineering until sold and are really helpful, they may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Regards
            Paul.

Anonymous

I have had the same problem with a thermostat and I took it apart. As it was about 18 months ago, I cant remember exactly what I did but it was just seized and a bit rusty. I put it back together and its been working fine ever since.

Its worth a look.

I have also used Penguin for a different problem and found them very helpfull.

Regards, John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.