• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Just like to say G’day from Australia. I have left a post with my boat details in the Bavaria Ocean 40 thread.

Fair winds,

Graham.

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi Graham from Nashira

Good to hear from you from Down Under. Are you sailing in Tasmania? I have also got a Bav.Ocean. They are great boats. I sail around the Solent area with my partner David and we have a lot of great rallies. Are there many other Bavaria owners in Tasmania for you all to get together sometimes?

I am the editor of the Bavaria Owners Magazine and hope that you have received the Autumn edition. Let me know if you havent and I will get one off to you.

I am always on the lookout for articles on new and interesting places where our members are sailing. Would you like to write a few words about your sailing experiences or cruising grounds? If so, you can email me directly on newsletter@bavariaowners.co.uk and I would love to hear from you.

Happy sailing
        Crid – editor, BOA magazine.

Webmaster
        Participant

G’day,

Yes we sail in Tasmania. We are in a small fishing village – or at least what used to be a fishing village about 30 km from Hobart. The crusing grounds in this area are just fantastic – especially comming up to summer. Unfortunately I am currnetly in dear old Blighty but will be returning home at the end of this month. I will endevour to perhaps put something together for you as time goes by.
          The news letter is really good, a very enjoyable read.

Thanks and regards,

Graham.

Webmaster
          Participant

Graham

I hadn’t connected you to the Tasmanian member when you responded to my diesel engine problem. Glad I am no longer the only Australian member. This is a great association and the members are very helpful.
            Let me know if you are ever sailing up the east coast and coming in to Port Stephens just North of Newcastle.
            I doubt I will ever go the Tas as I havn’t got a heater.

Be in touch

Greg

Webmaster
            Participant

Don’t need heaters this week – 25 – 30 deg, but strong NE’lys. Great for down wind sailing, but hard beating home.

Thanks for the offer – let me know how you go with your engine problem.

Graham.

Webmaster
              Participant

Hi to all the BOA members ‘down under’. Hope you are all well and enjoying a good season. I thought you might be interested to know that in October 1979 I flew the British Airways hot-air balloon from the Glenorchy Showground across the suburbs of Hobart, landing on the Domain near Government House. The flight was filmed by a local TV station, Channel 7. Were any of you around then…. I know it’s a long time ago now! At the time it was the first flight of a hot-air balloon in Tasmania, I imagine they’re more common now.

Best regards to all

Ian Culley/ B32 Another Fantasy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.