• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

At the boat show this year I went to see the nice man (actually a very helpful lady) at Selden. I wanted to fit traveling genoa cars so I can change the headsail settings without leaving the cockpit. With everything, lines, jammers, end blocks with sheaves, it came to £750.00!!!! I duly declined and had another look at the cars on the boat.
      I did manage to get the end blocks with sheaves for £108.00 at from Martin the local rigger at Port Solent. After some jiggling I got the cars off and in to the workshop where removed the locking pins and fitted Selden blocks to them. It took some machining on the milling machine and some adaption of the blocks which had to be through bolted through after one side had been flattened off on the milling machine and the pall castings removed .
      The cars will need some self-etch primer and some black paint or I may have a go at anodizing them black at home, ether way I now have the traveling cars and the end stop with sheaves are ready to fit. Just some jammers and lines to fit. I will do a how to article in the coming weeks.
      Cost to date £158.
      Hope this is of interest.
      Ant.

Anonymous

If you google there is an article on converting to travelling cars on a jeaneau.
        Quite simple if tracks match

Anonymous

Nice one Ant!
          Something that I wanted to do on CaSam but could not justify the price….but at 25% of the original quote it looks a lot more viable.
          Let us know how they end up when you have them finished and fitted.
          Steve

Anonymous

Be very interested to see finished article as I have been wanting to do a mod like this too
            I’ll come by next time we’re down
            Clive
            WISH

Anonymous

Had a look today.
              Looks very good ,as if was original fitting
              Clive
              WISH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.