• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

I’m fitting Eberspacher heating to my 2001 Bavaria 40 soon. It will be a D4 4-Outlet system. I plan to fit one outlet in the stbd stern cabin, two in the saloon, and one in the forecabin. I’ve chosen the D4 as opposed to the D5 after discussions with Eberspacher and a couple of other agents. Apparantly the D5 is very power-hungry, and I don’t have solar panels or a wind generator to keep the batteries topped up at anchor on those chilly October nights in Scotland.

I thought two outlets in the saloon would be best, as it is a fairly large area to heat, but am not sure where would be best to have the outlets. I don’t need the forecabin to be too hot, so heat loss in the long run of ducting to there will probably be acceptable. The port stern cabin is rarely used, so I don’t plan to fit one there.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations as to positioning of the heating unit and ducting outlets on this layout of boat? It is a linear galley, with offset saloon table and seating.

Alastair
      Dream Catcher

Webmaster
      Participant

Alastair

Have you thought of putting a vent in the heads? It’s a great help in drying out damp towels, wet gear and so-on.

Ian Culley
        Another Fantasy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.