• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi all, Just about to take ownership Bavaria cruiser 2004 “Kea Leboha” She is in Gosport Marina . Any other members birthed there I would love to hear from you and meet up. I am on pontoon G. My previous boat was an Albin vega 27 long keel so the Bavaria is so much different not least as my old Vega was 1978 vintage. 😆

Anonymous

Welcome to the BOA!! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your boat, anything we can do to help just ask….

Ian Culley
        B32 ‘Another Fantasy’
        Chichester Marina

Anonymous

Hi. Welcome as Ian says.
          There are quite a few active members berthed at Gosport, including the Vice Commodore.
          I am not one of them but I’m sure no one will mind if I tell you boats to look out for include Halcyone who is on H pontoon, Pohutakawa on P pontoon (I think) and Punnibelle on G pontoon. There are others but I haven’t a clue where they are berthed.
          Regards
          Rick
          B36 “Sundance”. Just down from Ian at Chichester Marina.

Anonymous

Many thanks guys. Hope to meet up some time. Derek R 8)

Anonymous

Hi Derek,
              We are on berth G56 at Gosport Marina, boat name Vela, Bav33.
              Best regards,
              Michael and Rowena Offen

Anonymous

Hi Derek

Welcome to the BOA.

We are on F25 in Gosport but you probably won’t see us there for a few weeks as we are currently in Trebeurden, heading west (and then south)!

I’ll look out for you either in the marina or at one of the BOA ‘dos’ later in the year.

Roger

Anonymous

Hi

Congratulations on your purchase of Kea Leboha, thats a very nice example of the 32, I know this because I am guessing you are the one that just beat us to her. We went to put in an offer the day after yours was accepted.
                  We too are new members as we have have just taken ownership of a Bavaria 30, currently moored in Falmouth but we will soon be sailing her back to Hythe Marina (Southampton). I look forward to seeing you around. Happy sailing.

Anonymous

@Sundance wrote:

There are quite a few active members …

There are active members? :mrgreen:

Anonymous

@dolcetto wrote:

There are active members? :mrgreen:

Yep

They are all to busy actually sailing their boats during the summer to be sat in front of a computer contributing to a forum 8) 8) 8) 8)

In all seriousness though….it would be nice to see more activity, but there IS a lot of information already here and most things are covered one way or another, questions are usually answered fairly quickly, for all that boats are more complicated than ever before there are still only a reasonably limited number of systems on them and therefore things to go wrong/replace.

Of course if it is just conversation you want………………………..might i suggest the pub :mrgreen: 😆

Anonymous

Spot on SimRow.
                        I have just returned from 2 weeks on the boat and it was bliss to be away from a computer and not have to read mundane posts by people who don’t know any better.
                        By active members I meant members that actually have a life and get out and use their boats to meet other members, that’s why I joined the BOA, not to sit at my pc to converse with “virtual” members.
                        I hope to meet Dolcetto at a BOA rally pretty soon as he thinks we are all so inactive. 😆

I’m on the end of J pontoon (the hammerhead).

It seems like there are a lot of members at Gosport.

Anonymous

Hi Guys, Sad to say leaving the comfort of Gosport Marina end of Feb to take Hardway Sailing club swinging mooring further up Harbour. As retired now economics come in! Hope to meet some of you this season. Happy sailing!

Anonymous

@KEA LEBOHA 2 wrote:

Hi Guys, Sad to say leaving the comfort of Gosport Marina end of Feb to take Hardway Sailing club swinging mooring further up Harbour. As retired now economics come in! Hope to meet some of you this season. Happy sailing!

In my opinion, sailing is not about riches but about enrichment!
                            I am confident that the fact that you are moving your boat will not detract from your enjoyment when you are aboard and are beam reaching at 6kts!

Enjoy the new season by simply “doing what you need to – to make it happen”

All the best!

Anonymous

We too are new members having bought Wish ( formerly Fuller Spirit ) a Bavaria 34 in Brixham last October.
                              An interesting winter sail back saw her settled into Port Solent where we are now based.
                              The only problem so far is leaking deck hatches !
                              We hope to meet up with you all soon
                              Cheers
                              Clive and Denise Reece

Anonymous

Hi Clive

Welcome to the BOA. We are also in Port Solent this season – G21. If you see us down there anytime please come along and say hello.

Roger and Sue

PS We’re in the boatyard currently for the annual round of TLC. Back in the water next week, if the rain ever stops.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.