• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

[attachment=0:22s6t5q4]2016-05-28 15.02.25.jpg[/attachment:22s6t5q4]All set for a sunshine filled cruise to Arran (in Scotland, sun in Scotland!!) when just as we left the Marina no drive, fortunately we had enough way on her and wind over the starboard quarter so we lifted out into safe water. Checked the cables and top of the sail drive leg and then called the Marina for a tow back in. When lifted out no propeller just the central boss. Don’t you just love sailing!!

Anonymous

Just as an update my insurance company have agreed that the claim is reasonable and have told me to go ahead with the repair.

Anonymous

@Scorcher IV wrote:

Just as an update my insurance company have agreed that the claim is reasonable and have told me to go ahead with the repair.

What a result!

I had a similar event…
          viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1061

How old was your prop?

Anonymous

I believe the prop was the original and 9 years old, we have only had the boat for 10 months so not sure. Looking at your photos would indicate that ours failed in exactly the same way which would suggest some form of fault in prop or corrosion leading to total failure, how old was your prop when you changed to the Brunton’s?

Anonymous

It was less than 5 years old and it is the Volvo replacement…
              Really pleased with it overall.
              Like it or loathe it, it has totally killed any propwalk though for good and bad!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.