• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have had my 2003 vintage Bav 32 since Nov 2016. It seems strange to me that the Nav instruments are powered through on switch from the distribution board and yet the Raymarine C70 Chart plotter is powered through the Autopilot switch. I understand the plotter is part on the original fit and everything points to this wiring system being a factory fit. Can anyone tell me if this is the norm and explain why?

My logic says that as the autopilot has a fairly high power demand you would only switch on and use, when necessary, wheras one is likely to be operating the plotter on a much more frequent basis. Also if and when the Radar is switched on (through the chartplotter) there is even more of a power demand. I hope this makes sense!

Anonymous

My C33 has the chart plotter powered from the 1st aux power button on the 301 panel – this is a relay switched 20amp fused circuit, although it may be a non-standard fit mode. Ray marine C70 with radar. Autopilot is on the correctly labelled separate button on th 301 panel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.