• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone recently fitted new sails to a B38 Have had loads of quotes yet to decide who to go with any suggestions

Last Chance
      Medway

Anonymous

Hi

I faced the same problem before Christmas; I needed a new genoa for a 38 Ocean. I had quotes ranging from £1600 (Jeckells) to £3300 (Elvestrom – direct replacement). After some research on the PBO Forum I went with Crusader with their Hydranet cloth.

I can’t say what the new sail is like, though, as I haven’t hoisted it yet . . . . but it looks good in the bag!

Roger

Anonymous

Hi ,
          I have a new main for Bavaria 37 , very good and strong , from polish firm Sailservice /www.sailservice.pl/ , it cost about 1250 E , I think genoa cost the same.If you need help write me : jkarasinski@formator.pl
          greatings
          Jurek

Anonymous

I’ve had new sails on 2 boats, a Beneteau First and Bavaria 36.
            Jeckells on the Benny in their standard cross cut dacron. The genoa was brilliant and cut to perfection but the main had to be recut twice before it fitted properly and that was despite the rig being measured. Once fitted the quality was good.
            Had a new laminate tri radial genoa on the Bav from UK Halsey Sails (cruising laminate) which again is very good.
            Also had quotes from Kemps who were very competative but I went with UK Halsey as I knew someone that worked there at the time and wangled some extra discount.
            If it hadn’t been for that I would have gone for Kemps.
            Cheers
            Rick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Bavaria 38’ is closed to new topics and replies.