• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi folks , just lifted and cleaned Jesstom Bav 38 cruiser 2008 , went onto the fuel jetty then on leaving forward throttle would only go from 12 o’clock to 1 o’clock not as far as 3 o’clock , was fine before no problems , then tried reverse no problems at all forwards I was doing 1.5kts that was it !!! can take her out of forwards no probs , had a look when rebirthed and at a loose end , any Ideas ? , anyone had a problem like this ? think it did this once last year leaving in the dark for France but put it down to me in the dark , any help appreciated .

Anonymous

I had a similar experience with my B32 a couple of years ago. Make sure that all the cables from your autopilot and instruments in the binnacle are well clear of the throttle and gear lever linkage; a loose cable caused my problem. Hope this helps.

Ian Culley
        Another Fantasy

Anonymous

I agree with Ian – it is most likely something in the pedestal that is fouling the movement of the lever in the Ahead position. It is very unlikely to be anything in the engine itself.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the cable to the gearbox may have slipped in its termination, either at the gearbox end or the throttle lever end.

It should be easy to check the engine/gearbox end of the cables, especially if you can get someone else to move the throttle forwards and backwards while you observe the cable movement on the engine and gearbox.

If the engine end looks OK, then you will need to gain access to the back of the throttle lever inside the pedestal and again, watch the cable movement as you move the lever.

Hopefully the reason for the problem will be clear once you can see the mechanism.

Good hunting.

Roger

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.