• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Is there anyone with a similar experience or guidance. Our B37C with D1-30 engine and sail drive with a fixed twin blade prop generates significant vibration and limits speed to 2000rpm. It started at the end of the second season, we anticipated fouling. However it was there third season. It is not the engine, which revs freely in forward & reverse.
      Out of the water, the prop is clean, undamaged. I suspected excessive play in the rubber shock absorber as it moves / yaws some 8mm at the tip, this appears approximately twice other twin blade fixed props tested in the yard. That was until I tested an adjacent (3 blade) prop which has similar movement. I wonder if this is a known issue. Grateful for thoughts.

Might we worth taking the prop off and having the balance checked.

Another thought is that Charles Bacon had a new Gori folding prop for sale which came off his 37. Don’t know if he still has it available (in the for sale section), but might we worth the upgrade anyway.

Anonymous

I still have the Gori prop if you’re interested.

Anonymous

@GregH wrote:

I suspected excessive play in the rubber shock absorber as it moves / yaws some 8mm at the tip, this appears approximately twice other twin blade fixed props tested in the yard..

CaSam is the smaller 32C with the D1-20 so not a direct comparison but I had a similar problem with the standard “Bavaria fit” prop. The whole thing came unbonded from the rubber shock core in the end and I lost the prop!!

My recommendation is to swap it our now before it is too late. The three blade Gori from Charles sounds like a great option with the added benefits of reduced drag too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.