• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

The Refrigerator on my 1996 Bavaria Holiday 35 has developed a fault, the red light on the unit which normally flashes when the unit is opperating now just comes on for a couple of seconds then goes out, and the refrigerator does not work. Does anybody know a cure to avoid replacing the whole unit.

Ed Holmes

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi Ed

I’ve no idea! Do you have any details of the motor/compressor unit? You might be able to Google it and find a manual (assuming you haven’t got one currently!).

Roger

Webmaster
        Participant

Hi Roger, its a frigomatic made by Penguin who have a place in Havant. Funny thing is having removed the digital electronic controller it says a blinking light is a sign of low power, but when fridge not running i have 13 volts at the fridge, but when the fridge cuts in this is reduced to 9.4 volts, also if i leave it switched off at the intrument panel for a few hours, then switch in on it runs ok until it reaches its running temperature, but then will not restart as says battery power too low, but battery only 18 months old.

Ed Holmes

Webmaster
          Participant

It sounds as though you have a poor connection somewhere in the fridge circuit. The voltage at the fridge should not drop to 10V when the compressor is running; it should remain above 12V, assuming the battery is good and the voltage at the battery itself stays high.

I suggest you check all the connections, from the switch panel through to the fridge PCB, and clean/remake as necessary.

It looks as though the fridge itself is OK.

Good luck.

Roger

Webmaster
            Participant

Hi Roger, once again i am grateful of your knowledge, as i had already cleaned the connection at the fridge end, i then remade the connection behind the instrument panel and BINGO everything is working as per normal after a day, so many many thanks

Ed Holmes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.