• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

When I had the boat lifted out late last year at Kingston Marine in Cowes ( very reasonable at £150 for 2 full days ashore and pressure washing ) I noticed that the antifouling was in a bad state ( very lumpy ) and would benefit from being removed back to the Gel coat and new antifoul applied. But as I had only booked for 2 days ashore I did not have the time nor the equipment to do this. But Storm Dragon is coming out of the water for this winter for 3 months as she has not been ashore for more than a couple of days for several years and I feel some air around the hull maybe needed and it will also give me time to polish the topsides. But with regard to removing the existing antifouling back to the gel coat can anybody advise the easiest or the cheapest method, and also if the hull would benefit from say Gelshield etc being applied before the new antifoul is applied. 😕

Ed Holmes Storm Dragon

Anonymous

Ed,

A phone call to Paul at Symblast might be a good starting point, he is a Bavaria owner, a BOA member and advertises in the magazine so I am sure he will offer you some good honest advice.

Contact details are on his website http://www.symblast.com/.

Cheers
        Paul.

Anonymous

Ed

I agree with Paul – the only way is to get the hull blasted. Paul is good but beware of creeping quotes!

If you want to read about Playtime getting blasted, have a look at the BOA Mag last autumn. Alternatively, PM me and I’ll send you a copy. You may not get an instant reply, though, as we are in Dartmouth and using a very flaky free internet connection.

Rog

Anonymous

Hello Ed,
            I am Paul from Symblast, I can give you a good price for removing your antifouling, we charge around the £12 per ft plus vat mark plus £80-£100 for the keel back to bare metal including a treatment of Fertan.
            Please feel free to give me a call on my mobile 07957 655978 and if you wish to see a recent Bavaria-we did one this week at Itchen Marina-Southampton.
            Very usually the hulls are exceptionally good with very few or no pinholes in the gel coat.
            Paul.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.