• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have a Bav.Ocean 42 with saildrive and a lead shoal keel and I want to fit a rope cutter. Has anyone fitted a ropecutter on a similar boat, and what make did they use? was it as successful as you hoped?

Crid ‘Oceansong’

Anonymous

Hi, I had a rope cutter by Ambassador Marine fitted three years ago to our Bav 40. It is made by a small company near Winchester. I think it is very good quality and found the company very helpfull. http://www.ropestripper.com.

Regards, John.
        Loblolly

Anonymous

I also fitted the Ambassador Marine rope cutter to a 38 Ocean, which, I think, has the same engine/saildrive as the 42 Ocean.

It is well made and straightforward to fit. You need a modified anode that Volvo supply. In fact, it is probably best to get the complete kit from Volvo – I don’t think it is any more expensive than buying it from Ambassador.

Anonymous

Thanks for that Playtime and Loblolly. This will be my spring purchase (hopefully my birthday present).

I was also interested to read about the SeaLift2 John. I will be trying that out next season. Certainly it seems less risky than a lift out (and cheaper).

Many thanks.

Crid, Oceansong

Anonymous

Hi Oceansong,

I fitted an Ambassador “Stripper” rope cutter in June this year to my 2004 38. I have had no issues with it. It took me about a half hour to fit – once I got the prop off – but that’s another story!

Cheers,
              Roger – Polace (Poll-r-chay)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.