• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have just bought a Bavaria 30. (2005) The rubber seal that the cockpit locker lid sits on is coming away from the bulkhead in places and needs to be reglued. I am presuming the cause is that it has been knocked when using the locker. Because of how proud the seal sits it is pretty obvious that it will continue to be knocked while the lid is open.
      I am considering some sort of an alternative seal that will be less likely to come away in the future. I assume that others will have had the same problem, any ideas to save me from the trial and error process?
      Thanks in anticipation.

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

I will have a look at our locker seal when next down at the boat (2007 model) but I am sure that it is the same as yours and must admit to not having problems with it.

In a previous life I used to manufacture items for a number of marine uses and once made a number of flushfit GRP lockers and locker lids for Canal boats. It became obvious that the rainwater seal would quickly become damaged so having considered the options I moved the seal so it was fixed to the lid which provided a much better solution. This maybe an option in your instance.

These guys may also be able to provide some advice – http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk

Kind regards
        Paul.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.