• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The tap in the forward loo of my B46 is showing signs of considerable rust after just one year. The tap at the sink in the after loo is also looking doubtful. Is anyone else having this problem?

Anonymous

Try some cream cleaner on an old toothbrush—does the trick fine.

Anonymous

What brand of cream did you use?

Anonymous

I have the same problem in the forward loo of my B39 also just after one year. The same problem is appearing on the light fittings.

Anonymous

We have the same problem too! I use CIF cream and I’ve used brasso but it still comes back, must be warm moist air?

Steve.

Anonymous

Have read that polishing the light fittings with car polish helps keep them better for longer so we have tried this on our B37 (only got her 01 march so too early to comment) I guess this could work for the taps as well.

Anonymous

The original light fittings on our Bav40 (2001) were just pressed steel and so no matter what we did, they eventually took on a dull, greyish colour. We eventually replaced them with SS ones which look and last far better. Maybe newer models have the more expensive SS fittings?

On taps and door fittings, we found that a dehumidifier during Oct – April kept most of the corrosion away. However, after three months in the humid Carib after our transat, everything was green and badly pitted. Duraglit brings them partially back though I wish I’d wiped them with a cloth dampened with a light oil since this would have protected them more. I suspect we’ll need to replace the basin taps.

The hatch surrounds are ‘chromed’ plastic and these too become pitted. Again, Duraglit gets most of it off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.