• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My Bavaria 30 has only one leaf the starboardside of the saloon table that drops. I am presuming this is the case with all Bav 30s.
      I find it a pain to get to the seat on the port side so I am looking at a drop leaf on that side to match the other. I am pretty nifty with a saw but reluctant in case I ruin what I presume would be an expensive replacement! So I think it may be a professional carpenter’s job.
      Anyone done this or had anyone do it?
      Cheers
      Derek

Anonymous

I’ve seen it done (by a professional) on a Bavaria 34 here in Vancouver, and the job was absolutely spectacular and impossible to distinguish from the factory-done side. I think with the right care and attention it can be done very well, but you only get one shot at it! Personally, I like the fixed rigid table on the one side so wouldn’t be keen to do this…

Good luck.

Riyad
        SV Battuta (Bavaria 31)
        Vancouver, Canada

Anonymous

Thanks for the response. I also like the fixed side of the table but we find space too restricted on the 30, so it’s something of a compromise. I won’t ask for details of the carpenter I think shipping costs to Vancouver might be a bit high!
          Cheers
          Derek

Anonymous

The only advantage of a double-folding table will be access to sit on the port side or get to the port lockers. My solution was more radical: who needs a table anyway? SWMBO soon put me right on that though. 😯

Anonymous

Hi

This can be done you need to find a good carpenter / cabinet maker. and remove the table from the boat for the work to be done, you can also cut out the centre of the table so you have access to the space underneath, I have a friend based in Orpington Kent who has done this for 2 Bav 32 owners

Lastchance
              Medway

Anonymous

Thanks, I hadn’t thought about cutting out the centre, I’ll get that done as well. Pity we’re not closer to Orpington.

Cheers
                Derek

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.