Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It is impossible to clean the white cockpit next to the caulking on our boat. The black goes straight onto the white as soon as it is touched. Apart from having the caulking re-done is it possible to put a varnish, or something like woodskin over the teak and caulking to seal it?

This is rather a delayed reply, but hope it may be useful. It may be that your caulking had been replaced at some point by normal sealant that tends to wipe off or mark in hot weather. I have done some re-caulking with deck caulking from sikaflex. It is a pain to use as sticks to everything but works well once on

Anonymous

Thank you for your post. The teak was coated in International Woodskin in March after cleaning. I know I will have to re-coat every year now. The teak looks amazing and more importantly it has sealed the caulking. The cockpit has been cleaned and polished and our 20 year old boat looks like new. Unfortunately our Bavaria 34 is in Wales and we live in England so we have not been able to view it recently.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • The forum ‘Bavaria 34’ is closed to new topics and replies.