• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have play in the bottom rudder bearing on my B32 (2002) I have read various posts about this and it seems some owners have found that this play is reduced by tightening the locking ring at the top of the rudder. There are two holes in this ring and a third when the locking screw is removed.

I assume that a special tool with either 2 or 3 lugs is required to shift the ring – can anyone suggest where to get one?

David

Anonymous

I adjust mine using a screw drive and hammer- works a treat.

John

Anonymous

Many thanks for the highly technical response! I got a friend to push up on the rudder and I found that I could move the plate by hand and all the play has now gone. I was quoted £850 to do this job!

Anonymous

The tool is called a Pin Spanner. You can buy adjustable ones from most on-line tool suppliers. Google “Adjustable Pin Spanners”. I invested in a good quality one manufactured by Facom (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Facom-Adjustable-Pin-Spanner-Wrench-117-B-Top-Holes-/190270737268 ). You can buy much cheaper ones but I owned a charter fleet of Bavaria’s at the time so I opted for a good quality one.

I find that you can tighten the rudder stock ring much tighter using this tool.

Roger

Anonymous

Just ordered one of the pin tools as reccomended by you. Am I right in thinking that there is a friction screw to hold the bearing? Would you be kind enough to explain the procedure?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.