• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

To those that responded to my initial request for help many thanks I looked into each suggestion but to no avail. In disperation we put red food dye in the aft tank and whilst this found its way into the bilge we could not find out how. The boat is a sea of kitchen roll under each area where a leak is possible but not a sign of red dye.

How could the water get in to the web in the first place even if the tank was split I should see some sign of water running running along the hull. This problem started towards the end of last season and I thought we had over filled the tank and somehow the filler was leaking. As the boat is only five years old a split tank seems unlikely. All is fine if we run of the forward tank with the aft one empty.

Any further suggestions most welcome as this is a real problem for our holidays in August.

Thanks, Keith & Carole Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

is the water running under the gel coat by the bottom left hand corner of the tank the gel coat had split away from the tank at that corner try there.

Anonymous

Many thanks I will have a look this week end.

Regards Keith & Carole Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip, I think I have found the problem. One of the brass inlets to the change over stop cock was showing signs of a possible leak although there was no evidance of water dripping from that area. I have cleaned this up and re attached the fitting to the pipe and so far I have water in the tank and not the bilge. I will see what happens when we go back this weekend.

Thanks, Keith & Carole Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

was down this weekend to add front water tank while adding change over taps by water pump pulled pipe out of connector from the outlet to the main tank it just pulled out so you could say oops.the pressure from 240lts from 15mm pipe in confined space caused much panic and abuse from the captain and some hillarity from the crew would seem that bavaria dont fit inserts into end of plastic pipe.found and stopped another leak.lucky havent done heavy weather sailing this year 240 lts of fresh water in bilges in rough weather doesnt bear thinking about you could check that connector as well give it a tug .
              johnd

Anonymous

Many thanks will give that a try at the moment only a small amount of water is finding its way into the bilge.

Thanks, Keith and Carole, Wave Dancer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.