Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JohnandJaneLinsdell
    Participant

The teak decking on my 20 year old B40 is lifting in so many places it’s looking like the whole deck will need replacing. Do any members have any advice or contacts for this type of job. ?

Regards, John

IanJCulley
      Participant

Interesting post.  Last winter I had the teak deck (factory installed from new when I bought my B32 Another Fantasy new in 2002) replaced for exactly the same reason.  In most areas the deck was sound but the caulking had started to fail allowing damp to penetrate the deck substrate causing it to lift.  I was advised that recaulking was a possibility but no guarantee of a permanent cure so I decided to ‘bite the bullet’ and have the deck replaced.  After some deliberation I chose FlexiTeek which was fitted last Spring and I’m really pleased with the outcome, the boat looks as good as new.  Expensive but worth it!!

Ian Culley

JohnandJaneLinsdell
        Participant

Hello Ian, thanks for your response. I also have decided I should ‘bite the bullet’ so it’s good to get some positive feedback from your experience. I would be further interested to see which of the various shades you went for.
          Regards

John

IanJCulley
          Participant

Hi John

I went for ‘weathered teak’.  It gave a much more natural appearance than some of the other options which I felt looked a bit artificial.  I’ve tried to attach some pictures to this post but for some reason it doesn’t work.

Ian C

JohnandJaneLinsdell
            Participant

Hello Ian

is it possible we could meet up. I would be keen to see your boat and pick your brains regarding the choice of contractor? I can be contacted on 02380464564.
              Regards, John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.