• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello BOA’s
      well to say im in total shock is an understatement im looking for berthing in the UK as im bringing back my Bavaria cruiser 46 from Greece the first quote at Conway Marina for ONE Month was £861 OMG what a total rip off as i pay that and Less for 6 Months in Greece what do these people think of?????

Don’t come to a Solent Marina then if you think that’s a lot. You’re probably looking at £8-15k per year in the solent, depending on the location.

There are lots of cheaper options though, but you’ll need to ask around.

Try posting on the YBW forum and ask. There’s usually someone on there who knows someone.

Best wishes

Bob

Anonymous

Bob. We got a discount at Port Solent by haggling, about £500.00 but it still cost us £5600.00 for a 37 foot boat.

Try looking here.

http://www.pbo.co.uk/marina-guide

Best regards.

Ant.

Anonymous

I have always used a swinging mooring – mostly because I object to the very high charges made by marinas. I am berthed in Portsmouth Harbour with Gosport Boat Yard who have a handy ferry to take you out to your boat. There are a number of Bavarias berthed here. And we pay around £2000 per year. As we have been with them for almost 30 years the money that I save has paid for my boat and more.

I usually go into a marina for the winter – about £700 for 5 months berthing which is handy for the winter.

You could contact Gilly at GBY – mention my name and she should be as helpful as she always si.

Anonymous

Wicormarine up towards Fareham is pretty good

Anonymous

I’m at Wicormarine Fareham,

Best of both worlds not as expensive as a marina but still easy access, pontoon mooring and almost as important somewhere to park the car.

Derek

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.