• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

In the minutes of the AGM it suggests owners with warranty concerns should communicate and maybe combine to find a joint solution.

We went to the SBS purposely to visit Clipper Marine, introduce ourselves and discuss the issues with our new (June 07) Cruiser 30. Far from being welcomed with open arms, we were told that our warranty was nothing to do with clipper marine as they hadn’t sold us the boat.

We are interested in talking to other owners regarding their levels of success with dealing with Clipper Marine over warranty claims, and discuss how best to progress this to a satisfactory conclusion.

Paul, Kerry and Charlotte

Anonymous

@hunros wrote:

In the minutes of the AGM it suggests owners with warranty concerns should communicate and maybe combine to find a joint solution.

We went to the SBS purposely to visit Clipper Marine, introduce ourselves and discuss the issues with our new (June 07) Cruiser 30. Far from being welcomed with open arms, we were told that our warranty was nothing to do with clipper marine as they hadn’t sold us the boat.

We are interested in talking to other owners regarding their levels of success with dealing with Clipper Marine over warranty claims, and discuss how best to progress this to a satisfactory conclusion.

Paul, Kerry and Charlotte

I think the key thing is to be on record. We’ve submitted our warranty list to both Opal , and Clipper. I think you could do worse than send them recorded delivery to Bavaria themselves, they sold the boat after all.

Anonymous

we bought a bavaria 42 last march 2007,gave list of problems to peters
          who did some work before going under.
          Passed list to clipper, have had a couple of e mails but no action.
          Send reminders but receive no reply.
          Have this week gone on bavaria germany web site, no contact e mail but
          place to contact re brochures etc.have asked them for e mail address I can cotact them re my concerns.
          Suggest if a few people get together could contact yachting press and warn
          people about bavaria not honouring their warranty.

Keith Fox No Doubt

Anonymous

I have a 2007 B46 that I purchased from Yacht Sales West in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. They have refused to stand by any warranty problems.

The molded rubber piece that goes around the stern at the waterline came off. I was cruising in Canada about 125 miles from the dealer. I had it replaced by a local yard who charged me $400 Canadian. The dealer refused to reimburse me as I didn’t bring it to HIS yard. The factory also refused to help me out.

When u buy a Bavaria you buy it without a warranty, the factory nor the dealers give a damn.
            Steven

Anonymous

have now had bavaria 37 18 months have done most of the warrentry work myself even replacing the two electric panels which we begged borrowed took months of badgering phone calls to clipper to get some action would not give bavarias contact details.as they say buyer beware
              it would seem warrentry work is not high on the agenda once they have your money.as we were told after delivery of boat ive got your money why do i nead to talk to you. thats was just months before peters went bust i was lucky at least i had a boat.we have just come back from a trip up the thames force 6-7 wind over tide came out of it slightly shaken and very much stirred boat behaved impeccably as far as i am concerned
              the press dont do justice to our boats very seaworthy and safe if you see some of the other makes rounding up and causing mayhem in the rivers
              when the wind gets up i know we made the right choice.

Anonymous

Although I don’t have a new boat I did ask a friend in Germany to get the email address of the CEO. He didn’t manage to get that but he did speak to his PA who said she’d be happy to help. I hope this will help with your waranty issues.

Cheers

Jim

cstierkorb@Bavaria-Yachtbau.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.