• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone fitted a thru-hull or sink waste pipe condenser for their fridge. I’m fed up with having warm beer and drained batteries.

Any help with suppliers would be welcomed.

Anonymous

When we ordered our Bavaria 34 in 2001 we deleted the fridge so the boat was delivered with just the standard box. We then purchased a Frigomatic fridge with a keel cooler heat Exchanger that fits through a hole in the hull the same as any skin fitting and is made of bronze and has its own anodes.
        We also purchased the compressor, evaporator and the electronic controller all from the same source. Penguin Engineering at Hayling Island. It cost us £730 which was £200 more than the standard fridge and we had to fit it ourselves but it is fantastic. It uses 2.4 amps from start up to reaching temperature and thereafter averages 0.9 amps/hr, which is the same current draw as one of the original halogen lights.
        The electronics recognise when the engine is running or shore power is on by detecting voltage at 13.5 volts and allows the fridge to cool further.
        We have an ice maker fastened to the evaporator and we never switch the fridge off in a typical 6 week cruise. There is no cooling fan so if you are in hot climate the cabin will remain cooler. The fitting was simple as all the pipes come with sealed ends and special valves so you just fit and spanner up.
        I was lucky that a friend had done all the research into fridges just before we ordered our boat and from the way ours has performed and never given any trouble I would not hesitate to recommend this equipment and penguin Engineering who were so helpful.
        I have all the original paperwork if you want to contact me for further details.

Anonymous

Beer and white wine are just right if left in the bilge lockers (if kept in large quantities it increases ballast ratio too !)
          Clive
          Wish B34

Anonymous

@wished wrote:

Beer and white wine are just right if left in the bilge lockers (if kept in large quantities it increases ballast ratio too !)
            Clive
            Wish B34

The voice of experience 😉

Problem is… it is nice to have ice with that G&T at sundown!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.