• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am having trouble with water not pressurising on my Bavaria 38 Exclusive which has 2 water tanks one in the Bow & the other is in the rear cabin. Turn pumps on and they just keep running and water comes out in spurts. I have found in the rear head behind a panel the pump with a plastic bottle which I assume should fill with water under pressure, there is also a leaver which is in the up right position, Just wondering if any one else has had a problem like this have checked for leaks but not found any yet

Thanks
      Graham Griffiths Last Chance Meadway

Anonymous

Graham

I’ve got a 38 Ocean (Playtime) so can only guess at your layout. However, it sounds similar with 2 tanks, a pump and accumulator (the ’empty’ upside down bottle) and a Y valve. The Y valve on Playtime switches between the 2 tanks i.e. the system takes it feed from one or the other tank, depending on the lever position, but not both simultaneously. On ours, with the handle in due north (vertical) position, water is drawn from the front tank and with the handle pointing east it connects to the rear tank. Yours may well be oriented differently but you get the picture.

When you get this problem are both tanks full? One possibility is that it is connected to an almost empty tank and that accounts for the spurts.

As you suggest, the accumulator should fill to about two thirds under pressure from the pump when all taps are off. Is the pump still running when you turn off all taps or does it fill the accumulator (to two thirds) and then switch off? If the former, then it is not getting enough water (maybe an empty tank?); if the latter, then the problem lies elsewhere (in which case I’ll need to think a bit more!).

Hope that helps (and I’m not stating the b – – – – – – g obvious).

Roger

Anonymous

I had a similar problem on Avalon B36, and after talking with sureflo tracked the problem down to the seal kit on the pump.

Their contact details are:-
          Leisure Accessories Ltd
          Britannia Works,
          Hurricane Way,
          Airport Industrial Estate,
          Norwich,
          Norfolk,
          NR6 6EY
          UK

Tel: +44 (0)1603 414551

If you ask for tech support they’ll help you diagnose the problem and ship any relevant parts for next day delivery.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jim

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys
            Have made sure both tanks are full, but still not happy with the pressure, On a friends 32 the pressure is a lot better, will investigate further!!

Graham
            Last Chance Medway

Anonymous

have you unscrewed the filter just prior to the pump, inside is a stainless gauze, if thisis clogged with scale or silt then your flow rate will fall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Bavaria 38’ is closed to new topics and replies.