Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    duncanwilliams
    Participant

On my C37 (2006) it has a comet pressure equaliser after the pump and at the weekend it literally exploded … the damage shown below is very odd and I cannot see what would have caused it anyone had anything similar? next q is what does it actually do as I bypassed it as cannot see any difference – I have read about reducing pump use but I have never run a tap and the pump not come on plus the volume is very small? they do not seem expensive to replace so I will do that but would like to know what made this fail?

IMG_4659

SimonS
      Participant

It looks like it has been over pressurised.  These are supposed to be run with about 50/50 air to water in them.  I suspect that yours had very little air in it especially with your description of ‘tap on – pump on’.  On my B32 which uses the same bottle the pump does not come on until a few seconds after the tap is open and goes off a few seconds after the tap is closed. I have seen some instructions somewhere on what to do to maintain the correct ar/water ratio but cannot remember where at the moment!

duncanwilliams
        Participant

Thanks Simon – I also posted on another forum and got a similar answer – in further research the comet is a cheap and basic accumulator – I have ordered a Jabsco one which is metal  has a separate diaphragm inside and a value to adjust the pressure to “tune” it to the pump.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.