• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Welcome to the BOA and the new Motor Forum!

As new Rear Commodore of the new Motor Section I am keen make sure there is a programme of events and services that are useful and relevant to members. I am want to get suggestions on how you would like to see the motorboat section develop. There is already an events programme being planned but is there something specific you think the motorboat section should be doing? Suggestion so far include a motor section dinner/drink/get together to just meet up and plan events, a motor section cruise dovetailed with a sailing cruise where yachts and motorboats start and end at the same location but take different routes, a Channel Islands trip and a motor boat training/skills weekend. I am happy to organise anything (within reason!) but it needs to meet the needs of members so what would you like to see?

Just a reminder – places are going fast for the 9th April 2011 New Members Rally at Gunwharf Quays. There are currently at least two motorboats going and it would be great to see you there. To book go to http://www.bavariaowners.co.uk/clubhouse/events_2011/new_members/rally.html

Anonymous

All of that sounds good but how about something on rough weather handling and maybe first aid? I know we’d find that useful.

Freelancer

Anonymous

We could arrange an instructor, they tend to charge around £200 to £300 a day so we could split this between a number of members to keep costs down. First Aid is best done on an RYA day course – again I could see if we could get an instructor and a number of members together to share the cost. Let me know how many are interested.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘Motor’ is closed to new topics and replies.