• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Ok, I appreciate its forum is BOA “competition” to some extent, but does anybody know what happened to the “Bavaria Yacht Info” website?

As most of you likely know, this free site has been up and running for several years. It has been inexplicably non accessible for a couple of weeks now (despite still appearing on Google searches), and the massive forum repository there represents a wealth of helpful information I sure hope hasn’t disappeared…

Riyad Abu-Laban
      s/v Battuta (2009 B31 Cruiser)
      Vancouver Canada

Anonymous

My understanding is that the person who ran it (I think his name is Nigel) sadly passed away and the running of it has been taken over by someone else.

It was mentioned on another forum that they are having problems with the licence or similar and it is temporary down. I believe some of the users are trying to get it up again.

Derek

I believe that the domain and/or hosting expired. There is a chap trying to get it back online again, and we have offered our help.

Let’s hope it’s not lost.

Bob

Webmaster
        Participant

@BobC wrote:

I believe that the domain and/or hosting expired. There is a chap trying to get it back online again, and we have offered our help.

Let’s hope it’s not lost.

Bob

Nice one Bob…. even only to host the data / docs in some form of repository?

Webmaster
          Participant

They are back on line here http://bavaria.sdfjkl.org/forum/index.php

Ant.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.